Just a quick post to say I am so over undergrad… ugh. Wah wah wah. Emotional overflow. So close yet so far. Blegh.
So now that I’ve gotten that out, I also want to flip to the polar opposite and share something that makes me ohsohappy.
And that is hot rollers. Yes, hot rollers.
I have recently become somewhat obsessed with the heretofore thought “old-ladyish” styling tool. Turns out that hot rollers are super rad in that they are quite wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am-ish. And what I mean by that is they’re fast and easy. Wow, I don’t know where I’m going with that metaphor… Nevermind. Here’s how it works:
(start with boring hair)
1. Plug in the curlers and warm them up for ten minutes (while you brush your teeth, make coffee, choose an outfit, take pictures of yourself, etc.)
(oh haaay. fancy and serious grandma.)
2. Roll them all up in your hair (this takes five minutes max, and as I practice I’ve gotten faster).
3. Let them sit until cool for 10-15 minutes (while you eat breakfast, put on makeup, make lunch, change your outfit, sit on the couch and try not to fall asleep, practice making unattractive faces, etc.)
(why lookie here, I’ve got curls)
4. Pull them out and run your fingers through your curls to loosen them, which takes just a few minutes.
(I grin because they are soooo easy)
5. Hair spraaay. (Or sometimes I just use mousse before I put them in)
Anyways I love them because I don’t have to sit with a curling iron for twenty minutes constantly almost burning my neck and fingertips. Also, I have mostly-straight hair and they add volume without looking too unnatural.
So this is how I stay sane. Relatively sane.
Hope you enjoyed this procrastinatory (I really wish this was a word) post!